Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel 3 carrots, wash, dry and cut into 3 cm - 1.5 inch pieces.
- 10 min.Cut each piece into small sticks (julienne). You can use a mandolin, a grater or a good knife.
- 20 min.Do the same thing with 3 turnips.
- 20 min.Wash 1 leek, then chop finely.
- 3 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, put in carrots and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, they should still be a bit crunchy.
- 5 min.After this time put carrots in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- 5 min.Then drain them in a strainer.
- 15 min.Do the same thing with turnips and leek, in the same cooking water.
Note: you can keep cooking water, which is now a good vegetable stock, for cooking rice or pasta for example.
- 3 min.Chop herbs.
- 5 min.Cut 1 pork loin into 2 cm - 1 inch thick pieces.
- 1 min.Split each piece across the thickness...
- ... without completely cutting in it through.
- 1 min.Fill the inside with herbs, salt and pepper.
- 30 min.Then close the meat over the herbs.
Continue like this for all the pieces of pork.
- 10 min.In a pan, put 2 tablespoons olive oil, and when it's really hot put in all the pork, along with any small pieces left over.
Cook about 5 minutes...
- ... on each side.
- Then keep on a hot plate, in a warm place, covered with aluminium foil.
- 5 min.Heat serving plates.
Pour 200 ml cream into the pan, put back on the heat, and scrape the bottom with a wooden spatula so that the cream takes up all the flavours, bring back to boil over a low heat, and leave to reduce and thicken slightly.
- 3 min.Add vegetables and any left over herbs, stir well and cook until vegetables are hot, they should not cook any further.
- 2 min.Put a pork portion onto each (hot) plate and surround with vegetables. Serve immediately.
For a quicker recipe, you can replace the vegetables with rice.