Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel 3 carrots, wash, dry and cut into 3 cm - 1.5 inch pieces.
- 10 min.Cut each piece into small sticks (julienne). You can use a mandolin, a grater or a good knife.
- 20 min.Do the same thing with 3 turnips.
- 20 min.
- 3 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, put in carrots and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, they should still be a bit crunchy.
- 5 min.After this time put carrots in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- 5 min.Then drain them in a strainer.
- 15 min.Do the same thing with turnips and leek, in the same cooking water.
Note: you can keep cooking water, which is now a good vegetable stock, for cooking rice or pasta for example.
- 3 min.Chop herbs.
- 5 min.Cut 1 pork loin into 2 cm - 1 inch thick pieces.
- 1 min.Split each piece across the thickness...
- ... without completely cutting in it through.
- 1 min.Fill the inside with herbs, salt and pepper.
- 30 min.Then close the meat over the herbs.
Continue like this for all the pieces of pork.
- 10 min.In a pan, put 2 tablespoons olive oil, and when it's really hot put in all the pork, along with any small pieces left over.
Cook about 5 minutes...
- ... on each side.
- Then keep on a hot plate, in a warm place, covered with aluminium foil.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add vegetables and any left over herbs, stir well and cook until vegetables are hot, they should not cook any further.
- 2 min.Put a pork portion onto each (hot) plate and surround with vegetables. Serve immediately.
Remarks:For a quicker recipe, you can replace the vegetables with rice.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate tart, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Caesar salad, Crème brulée, Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, ... [All]
- Turnip: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Chinese style chicken, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, ... [All]
- Carrot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable rosette tart, Crispy prawn rolls, Rabbit civet "à la normande", Tahitian style fish, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cubed salad, Crispy smoked salmon and herb rolls, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Cod loin with saffron, Courgettes (zuchinis) , ... [All]