Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 500 g cooked chicken into medium-sized pieces.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a pan on medium heat. When hot, add the chopped onion.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 1 or 2 minutes while stirring.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Bring to the boil and add 2 tablespoons curry powder. Stir well.
- 10 min.Cook until the liquid has dispappeared and the curry-coated chicken pieces start to brown a little. At this point a delicious curry smell should fill your kitchen.
- 5 min.
- Serve with white rice for example, preferably Basmati.
Remarks:It's even better if you can replace the chicken stock cube with some left over chicken cooking juices.
If you use raw chicken, no problem, just leave it to cook when you've added it to the pan, before adding the stock.
The ingredients can be adapted and varied to suit your taste, especially the spices.
And to drink?It's not easy to find a wine that goes well with curry so why not try a beer, either pale or dark, otherwise a good tea.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked chicken: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin of chicken with rice and sautéed mushrooms, Beans with tomatoes, Valay salad, Rice and peas, Surprise bread, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New tiramisu, Crispy spinach rolls, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Quick prawn curry, New York style pasta, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Breton Pie, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Confit of carrots with bacon, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]
- Curry powder: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Curried tuna cubes, Papadums, Quick prawn curry, Curried prawn risotto, Cauliflower curry, ... [All]