Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Remove 2 eggs and 2 minceds steak burgers from the fridge at least 1 hour before using.
Salt and pepper steak burgers both sides.
Note: You can make a small depression in the top of each by pressing, which will help keep the egg in place for serving.
- 30 min.If you intend to serve the burgers with fried potatoes for example, begin by frying these first, then keep hot.
- 8 min.
- 3 min.Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.When the whites have completely set, cut into two.
- 2 min.Put the steak burgers on hot plates with egg white on top...
- 2 min....and place a yolk carefully in the centre. Surround with potatoes, or other accompaniment.
Salt the egg yolk lightly just before serving.
Remarks:As you will have read, the egg yolk is not cooked, but just warms through in contact with the white and the meat. This way you can be sure of nicely set white, liquid yolk, and tender meat. Just right...
To improve the appearance, you can try pouring in the yolks separately (but you'll need a very large pan), or cooking them one after the other, to give proper circles.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Alsatian apple tart, Pistachio cream, Chocolate cake, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple and almond gratin, Fruit crumble, Artichoke hearts forestier , French croissants, Nanou's chocolate cake, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur complet, Ali Baba bread, Taos hotpot, Croque-monsieur complet, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, ... [All]