Home-made breadcrumb coating
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
97K3.7 October 28th 2018
For 180 g, you will need:
- 1 200 g bread
- Total weight: 200 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|7 min.||1 hour||1 hour 7 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 200 g bread into pieces no bigger than your thumb.
Rescue crusts and dry ends of loaves to avoid waste. Here it is crusts of sandwich bread.
Spread the pieces of bread on a baking sheet.
- 2: Put in the oven at 210°F (100°C) fro 1 to 2 hours. The idea is to dry out the bread without toasting it, so that the breadcrumbs will keep well.
- 3: After this time, leave to cool, then tip the bread into a food-processor or blender goblet.
- 4: Blend until the crumbs are as coarse or as fine as you want them.
- 5: Keep dry in an airtight jar.
Another option for drying: use the residual heat of the oven after cooking something (such as a roast). As soon as you have finished cooking, turn the oven off and put in the tray of bread for 1 hour.
March 23th 2023.