Pets de nonne
- Add photos
For 100 fritters, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|40 min.||5 min.||45 min.|
Step by step recipe:
- Prepare 400 g Choux pastry (pâte à choux).
- Transfer the dough to a forcing bag. If you don't have one, use a plastic bag and cut off one corner.
- Heat the oil 320°F (160°C).
Press on the forcing bag and squeeze out the dough to the size of a walnut, then cut this off with a knife.
- When the dough falls into the hot oil it will sink to the bottom at first, then rise back up to the top.
- Turn the pets de nonne so that they brown evenly.
- Remove them from the oil with a skimmer and place on absorbant paper.
Sprinkle a little sugar on top and they're ready.
It its important to keep the oil temperature relatively low. If it is too hot, the outside browns rapidly, leaving the inside uncooked.
A recipe from cooking-ez.com. View this recipe : https://cooking-ez.com/desserts/recipe-pets-nonne.html