Baked Camembert with Walnuts
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
35K3.8 March 13th 2016
For 2 people, you will need:
- 1 50 g walnut kernels
- 2 1 Camembert cheese
- 3 500 g cooked potato
- Total weight: 800 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|11 min.||45 min.||56 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
Roughly chop 50 g walnut kernels and put in an oven-proof dish.
- 2: Toast in the oven for 15 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- 3: Slice the top off the Camembert.
- 4: Put the bottom part of the Camembert back into its box and cover with walnuts.
- 5: Put the "lid" of the cheese back on top.
- 6: Wrap aluminium foil around the box to prevent the cheese leaking out if the box is not completely sealed.
- 7: Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 8: The Camembert is ready when it is melted.
- 9: Remove the cheese "lid"...
- 10: ...and serve right away on a bed of hot potatoes.
If you like the rind of the cheese and want to eat eat, I advise you to finish by browning it for 10 minutes under the grill.
July 3rd 2022.