A recipe from cooking-ez.com
251K4.2 February 21th 2011
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|22 min.||18 min.||40 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Chop 2 shallots.
- 2: Melt 2 tablespoons goose fat in a frying pan.
- 3: Put in 1 kg 500 g cooked potatoes sliced, in a single layer.
- 4: After 5 minutes turn over potato slices, and cook until golden brown.
Don't salt at this stage, otherwise your potatoes will stick.
- 5: Put onto absorbant paper to remove the excess fat.
Repeat operation until all potatoes are cooked.
- 6: Clean the frying pan, melt the remaining fat, add chopped shallots, salt and pepper, and cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- 7: Add 100 g small pieces of bacon.
- 8: And cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
Note: Everything so far can be prepared in advance (the day before or so). But what follows must be done at the last minute for a better and crusty result.
- 9: Put cooked potato slices back in the frying pan.
- 10: Mix well and reheat on medium heat.
- 11: Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 12: It's ready !
Serve piping hot, alone or with a good green salad.
In the swiss version, potatotes are grated rather than sliced (thanks to Nicole for this detail).
December 8th 2023.