Beetroot and cream cheese verrines
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 glasses, you will need:
- 1 1 raw beetroot
- 2 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 200 g cream cheese
- 5 herbs of your choice
- 6 salt
- 7 pepper
- Total weight: 590 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|46 min.||2 hours||2 hours 46 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 1 raw beetroot, slice thinly, then cut into sticks and finally into small dice (or use a food processor to do this quickly).
Put into a bowl: 3 tablespoons walnut oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper and leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
- 2: After marinating, drain the beetroot.
- 3: Mix 200 g cream cheese in a bowl with your choice of herbs chopped finely (shown here: chives, coriander and parsley), salt and pepper.
- 4: Begin filling the verrines: put a layer of cheese with herbs in the bottom of each glass.
- 5: Add a layer of beetroot on top.
- 6: Then a second layer of cheese and decorate the top with a few pieces of beetroot.
Fll all the verrines like this and refrigerate until serving.
For the decoration, you can scatter a few chopped walnuts over the top instead of the diced beetroot.
April 7th 2020.