Celeriac soup with mustard
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||20 min.||43 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel and wash 800 g celeriac, cut into small pieces...
- 2: ... putting them as you go into a saucepan containing 1 litre whole milk, so that they do not have time to turn brown once peeled.
- 3: Salt and pepper, then put the pan on medium heat.
Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and cook until the pieces of celeriac are tender.
Do keep an eye on the pan during cooking, as milk tends to boil over easily.
- 4: When the celeriac is well cooked, add 1 tablespoon French mustard and blend until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- 5: Serve with a few parsley or chervil leaves scattered on the top.
The weight of celeriac given is just for guidance. You don't need to use that exact weight. One large celeriac will do, or 2 small ones.
April 21th 2019.