Lebanese-style chickpea salad
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
25K4 February 9th 2020
For 4 people, you will need:
- 1 250 g tinned (canned) chickpeas
- 2 250 g cauliflower
- 3 1 shallot
- 4 150 g Greek yoghurt
- 5 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 salt
- 8 pepper
- Total weight: 720 grams
Step by step recipe
- 1: Thoroughly drain 250 g tinned (canned) chickpeas.
- 2: Dry on a cloth.
- 3: Prepare 250 g cauliflower and slice thinly (if you have one, a mandolin is ideal for this).
- 4: Put the chickpeas and cauliflower in a salad bowl. Add 1 shallot finely chopped and a little chopped parsley.
- 5: Prepare the dressing by mixing 150 g Greek yoghurt, 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste) and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Salt and pepper then checking the seasoning.
- 6: Pour the dressing into the bowl and mix everything together.
Your salad is ready.
If you don't have any lemon juice handy, use a tablespoonful of vinegar instead.
The quantity of tahini can be adapted, either a little more or less, to suit your taste.
For a more authentic Lebanese touch, add a little mint in with the chopped parsley.
March 23th 2023.