Mixed tomato salad
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Choose 800 g tomato to include plenty of varieties with different colours, like in this photo.
The more varied they are, the better - it's the mix of varieties that really makes this salad.
- 2: Rinse the tomatoes, then and cut off and discard the stalk and the hard bit just underneath.
- 3: Slice the tomatoes fairly thinly (the ideal tool for this is a mandolin).
Sprinkle the tomatoes with table salt and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4: Drain the tomatoes thoroughly, as the salt will have drawn out some of their juice, then put them in a salad bowl.
Add 30 g shallot (finely chopped), herbs of your choice and 5 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette).
- 5: If you will not be serving the salad right away, do not refrigerate it, just cover and leave at room temperature.
Please don't store your tomatoes in the fridge - they really don't like it and it spoils the flavour. If they are already in there, take them out the day before and leave them to come to room temperature.
June 26th 2019.