Step by step recipe:
- Choose 800 g tomato to include plenty of varieties with different colours, like in this photo.
The more varied they are, the better - it's the mix of varieties that really makes this salad.
- 5 min.Rinse the tomatoes, then and cut off and discard the stalk and the hard bit just underneath.
- 10 min.Slice the tomatoes fairly thinly (the ideal tool for this is a mandolin).
Sprinkle the tomatoes with table salt and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5 min.
- If you will not be serving the salad right away, do not refrigerate it, just cover and leave at room temperature.
Remarks:Please don't store your tomatoes in the fridge - they really don't like it and it spoils the flavour. If they are already in there, take them out the day before and leave them to come to room temperature.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato pesto, Tomato meat balls, Italian toast, Small ratatouille with , Tomato tatin, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Salt cod brandade, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Chinese style chicken, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cubed salad, Warm lentil salad, Prawn salad with a crunch, Leeks in vinaigrette , Crunchy spring salad, ... [All]