Step by step recipe:
- Choose 800 g tomato to include plenty of varieties with different colours, like in this photo.
The more varied they are, the better - it's the mix of varieties that really makes this salad.
- 5 min.Rinse the tomatoes, then and cut off and discard the stalk and the hard bit just underneath.
- 10 min.Slice the tomatoes fairly thinly (the ideal tool for this is a mandolin).
Sprinkle the tomatoes with table salt and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5 min.
- If you will not be serving the salad right away, do not refrigerate it, just cover and leave at room temperature.
Remarks:Please don't store your tomatoes in the fridge - they really don't like it and it spoils the flavour. If they are already in there, take them out the day before and leave them to come to room temperature.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad, Little vegetable omelettes, Mexican ceviche, Piedmont salad, Vegetable pie, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lentil and cold-meat salad, Leek and potato soup, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, Penne with purple artichokes, Chinese style chicken, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Valay salad, Prawn salad with a crunch, Chicken and Avocado Salad, White asparagus salad, Mixed salad stack, ... [All]
- Herbs of your choice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm Leek and Potato Salad, Cucumber and salmon salad, Beetroot and cream cheese verrines, Greek salad, Chinese Soup, ... [All]