How to peel a pineapple
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 pineapple, you will need:
- 0 1 pineapple
- Total weight: 2,000 grams
Step by step recipe
- 1: You will need the following utensils:Your pineapple should be very ripe, to check this, you should be able to pull out one of the central leaves easily.
- 2: Start with top: cut about 1 cm or ½ inch beneath the leaves.
- 3: Then the bottom, remove 1 cm or ½ inch here too.
- 4: Stand the pineapple up, and cut vertically in strips to remove all the skin.
- 5: Go over the outside again to cut off any remaining "eyes". Pineapple should now be completely yellow.
- 6: Cut pineapple into quarters vertically.
- 7: Lay each piece flat, cut out the hard fibrous core. Also remove any brown over-ripe parts.
- 8: Then cut quarters as required for your recipe, here in medium size pieces.
- 9: Finally, squeeze all the pieces of skin or trimmings of flesh in your hands to extract the juice that you can drink or use in a recipe or a cocktail.
This method applies to a Victoria Pineapple (small, but incredably tasty, especially if they come from Reunion), but of course it's the same for other kinds of pineapple.
October 31th 2020.