How to prepare cabbage
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
1.1M 13.7 December 31th 2013
For 1 cabbage, you will need:
- 1 1 green cabbage
- 2 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar
- Total weight: 1,015 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|35 min.||5 min.||3 min.||43 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Place cabbage in front of you, then cut off and discard stalk end.
- 2: Remove any discoloured or wilted leaves and discard.
Stand cabbage on its base, then cut in two vertically.
- 3: Cut each half in two again.
You will notice that there is a white hard stalk inside, not good to eat.
- 4: Cut out and discard these hard stalk sections.
- 5: Then separate each ¼ into individual leaves.
- 6: If there are any hard central veins, cut out and discard.
- 7: Do this until reaching cabbage heart that you can leave as it is, keeping only the very best of the cabbage.
Wash and drain leaves in cold water with 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar added.
- 8: Make a pile of leaves and chop to make julienne while holding together firmly.
- 9: Do this for all the other leaves.
Your cabbage is ready to use as raw.
- 10: For cooked cabbage, make boil a big pan of salted water (1 tbsp rough salt by litre of water), and put cabbage in.
- 11: When water boil again, put cabbage in cold water to stop cooking.
- 12: Leave cabbage to cool, then drain carefully and leave on a linen tea-towel or absorbent paper.
Note: The best way to drain cooked cabbage is in a salad spinner.
December 8th 2023.