How to prepare a lettuce
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
you will need:
- 0 1 lettuce
- 1 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar
- Total weight: 115 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|18 min.||10 min.||28 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Stand the lettuce with the stalk upwards.
- 2: Pull off any damaged leaves and discard.
- 3: Lie the lettuce on its side and cut off the stalk.
- 4: You can trim off the stiff white part at the base of the leaves if you want a more tender lettuce.
- 5: Try to keep the "heart" of lettuce, kids love to find it in their plates.
- 6: Put the lettuce leaves in a large container of water that is not too cold (more efficient at removing any earth), adding 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar.
Leave the leaves to soak for 10 minutes or so to wash them.
- 7: After this, "play the spider", which means remove the leaves from the water by lifting them out with your hands. This leaves any dirt at the bottom undisturbed.
- 8: Put the leavves in a salad spinner and give them a good whirl.
- 9: Your lettuce is ready.
The simplest way to dress a salad? A good vinaigrette
and a few chopped herbs. There's nothing better before all that lovely French cheese arrives on the table !
March 1st 2021.