How to prepare romanesco
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 romanesco, you will need:
- 1 1 romanesco
- 2 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar
- Total weight: 715 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|15 min.||10 min.||3 min.||28 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Begin by removing any leaves from the romanesco then separate the small florets, as shown in this video.
- 2: Wash the florets by soaking them in a large quantity of cold water with 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar.
- 3: Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then plunge the romanesco florets into the pan and cook for just 2 or 3 minutes. They should still be slightly crunchy.
- 4: Remove the florets from the pan with a spider and plunge them into very cold water to stop the cooking.
- 5: Drain the florets then dry them more thoroughly in a salad spinner.
- 6: Your romanesco is now ready for use in a recipe.
February 25th 2020.