How to prepare sorrel
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 300 g, you will need:
- 1 300 g sorrel
- 2 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar
- Total weight: 315 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|24 min.||10 min.||34 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put sorrel leaves into warm water with 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar. Stir well, and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- 2: Remove sorrel from water, discard any discoloured leaves, and drain the remainder.
Your aim now is to remove stalk and central vein.
- 3: To do this, fold leaf in half lengthways...
- 4: ...and with scissors, cut along about 2/3 length.
- 5: Do this for all leaves, then dry them on a cloth or better still with a salad spinner.
Sorrel is very delicate, it doesn't freeze well and cooking time should be as brief as possible.
April 3rd 2020.