How to freeze plums
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 900 g, you will need:
- 0 1 kg plums
- Total weight: 1,000 grams
|12 hours 40 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Rinse, drain and dry 1 kg plums.
- 2: On each fruit you'll find what looks like an indented "seam" down one side. This is the line to split along.
- 3: Cut into the fruit with a small knife down to the stone, then turn all around this.
- 4: Separate the two halves.
- 5: Remove and discard the stone.
- 6: Lay the two halves on a baking sheet, protected if necessary with a sheet of cooking parchment.
- 7: Prepare all the fruit like this.
- 8: Put the trays in the freezer overnight.
- 9: Next day, transfer the frozen plums quickly into bags or boxes of about 1lb (400-500 grams). Seal these carefully, excluding as much air as possible.
Dip into the bags for what you need.
This method can be applied to almost all stone fruit: plums, but also apricots, cherries, etc.
October 27th 2020.