How to peel pistachios
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
31K3.6 May 20th 2020
For 110 g, you will need:
- 0 125 g pistachios
- Total weight: 125 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|12 min.||16 min.||28 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Pistachios in their skins have a purplish colour.
- 2: Tip the pistachios into a pan of boiling water.
Wait until this comes back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- 3: Take out a few pistachios and drain them.
- 4: Press a pistachio between your fingers to squeeze it out of its skin.
Discard the skin and tackle the next one.
It's a long and tedious job. Work in batches, keeping the waiting pistachios thoroughly wet, otherwise the skin will stick.
- 5: I advise you to dry the peeled pistachios in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 15 minutes. They should then keep well.
Keep dry in a sealed container.
If you prefer to skip the drying in Stage 5, you will need to use up your pistachios rapidly or they risk turning mouldy.
September 21th 2021.