Green bean purée
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 kg 200 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|28 min.||5 min.||15 min.||48 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Rinse 1 kg green beans and "top and tail" (trim off both ends).
- 2: Boil in plenty of salted water until well cooked and soft.
- 3: Take out of the water (but leave this on the heat for later), and cool the beans by running under cold water.
Leave to drain.
- 4: Peel and slice 200 g potatoes. Boil in the same water until soft.
- 5: Pass the potatoes and beans through a vegetable mill.
- 6: Transfer the purée into a saucepan on low heat.
- 7: Use a whisk to mix in 50 g butter and 100 g cream, salt and pepper, then check the seasoning.
- 8: Your green bean purée is ready.
The potatoes are not essential, but do give the purée a more fluid texture.
Feel free to vary the quantities of cream and butter to suit your own taste.
October 29th 2020.