Caramelized apple and walnut cake
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
27K4 June 7th 2020
For 1 cake, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|27 min.||1 hour 6 min.||1 hour 33 min.|
Step by step recipe
The walnutsTake 100 g butter out of the fridge and leave to soften at room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
Spread out 100 g walnut kernels on a sheet of cooking parchment laid on a baking sheet, and toast the walnuts in the oven for 15 minutes.
Leave to cool.
- 2: Blend the nuts to a coarse ground texture.
The applesPeel 4 apples and cut into small pieces.
- 4: Melt 50 g butter in a frying pan on high heat. Add 50 g caster sugar, then the apple pieces.
- 5: Leave to caramelize while stirring frequently.
At the end of cooking, flambé with 4 tablespoons Calvados (apple liqueur) (optional). Set aside.
The batterPut 100 g butter and 100 g caster sugar in a mixer bowl and mix with the flat (leaf) beater until evenly mixed.
- 7: Add 3 eggs, 150 g flour, 5 g baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt and the ground walnuts.
- 8: Start the mixer again and beat until evenly mixed.
The cakePreheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter a loaf tin or mould and spread half the batter in the bottom.
- 10: Sit the caramelized apples on top...
- 11: ...then add the rest of the batter.
Decorate with a few walnut halves if you wish.
- 12: Bake for about 40 minutes.
- 13: Leave to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy either warm or cold.
The Calvados in stage 5
is not essential, but it does add a more interesting flavour to the cake. If you don't have Calvados, opt for rum instead.
September 30th 2022.