A recipe from cooking-ez.com
277K4.0 May 8th 2020
For 1 cake, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||50 min.||1 hour 13 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Sieve in a bowl 100 g flour, 100 g chestnut flour, 5 g baking powder and 2 pinches salt.
- 2: In a container with high edges preferably (more convenient to pour then) pour the 100 g Noisette butter.
- 3: Then add 100 g sweet chestnut purée (crème de marrons), 100 g liquid cream and 2 tablespoons rum, mix well and set aside.
- 4: In the bowl of a mixer, pour 150 g caster sugar then 3 eggs, and whisk, at medium speed first to mix, and then at high speed, until a white and light mixture is obtained.
- 5: Slowly reduce the speed, then gently pour the previous mixture.
- 6: Stop as soon as the mix is homogeneous.
- 7: Pour the powder mix over it and stir it gently.
Your dough is ready.
- 8: Pour into a buttered cake pan.
- 9: And cook for about 50 minutes, check cooking 5 minutes before the end.
- 10: Let cool on a wire rack.
You can find chestnut flour in organic stores, it is very necessary to sieve it before using, because it has an unfortunate tendency to become lumpy.
September 25th 2021.