A recipe from cooking-ez.com
24K4.6 August 26th 2018
For 1 cake, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|25 min.||2 hours||20 min.||2 hours 45 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Take 100 g butter out of the fridge, cut into small pieces and leave to soften at room temperature for an hour or two.
- 2: Weigh out and mix together 125 g flour and 125 g Maize flour (masa harina).
- 3: Put into a food-mixer bowl: 2 eggs, 125 g caster sugar, 1 pinch salt and the contents scraped from 1 vanilla pod.
- 4: Beat until the mixture becomes pale.
- 5: Sieve the mixed flours into the bowl...
- 6: And fold in gently.
The best way to do this is to tip the bowl at angle, and lift and turn the mixture with a soft spatula.
- 7: Incorporate the softened butter in the same way.
The cake batter is ready.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 8: Spread the mixture evenly in a round non-stick tin or mould.
- 9: Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 10: Bake for about 20 minutes.
Be careful not to overcook this cake, or it will be too dry.
You will notice that the cake hardly browns naturally. If you prefer your cake with a little more colour, glaze the top with beaten egg-yolk
before sprinkling with the granulated sugar.
September 20th 2021.