Step by step recipe:
- 2 hoursTake 100 g butter out of the fridge, cut into small pieces and leave to soften at room temperature for an hour or two.
- 4 min.Weigh out and mix together 125 g flour and 125 g Fine cornmeal.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Beat until the mixture becomes pale.
- 2 min.Sieve the mixed flours into the bowl...
- 4 min.And fold in gently.
The best way to do this is to tip the bowl at angle, and lift and turn the mixture with a soft spatula.
- 4 min.Incorporate the softened butter in the same way.
The cake batter is ready.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 2 min.Spread the mixture evenly in a round non-stick tin or mould.
- 1 min.Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes.
Be careful not to overcook this cake, or it will be too dry.
Remarks:You will notice that the cake hardly browns naturally. If you prefer your cake with a little more colour, glaze the top with beaten egg-yolk before sprinkling with the granulated sugar.
And to drink?A glass of Pineau des Charentes, of course!
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rum babas, Cranachan, Chocolate cream, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Buckwheat almond biscuits, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, Old style brioche, Chocolate and matcha tea biscuits, Almond tuiles, ... [All]
- Fine cornmeal: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cornmeal baps for Anne, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bechamel sauce, Chocolate sauce, Brioche dough, Crackers, Doughnuts, ... [All]