Step by step recipe:
- 2 hoursTake 100 g butter out of the fridge, cut into small pieces and leave to soften at room temperature for an hour or two.
- 4 min.Weigh out and mix together 125 g flour and 125 g Fine cornmeal.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Beat until the mixture becomes pale.
- 2 min.Sieve the mixed flours into the bowl...
- 4 min.And fold in gently.
The best way to do this is to tip the bowl at angle, and lift and turn the mixture with a soft spatula.
- 4 min.Incorporate the softened butter in the same way.
The cake batter is ready.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 2 min.Spread the mixture evenly in a round non-stick tin or mould.
- 1 min.Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes.
Be careful not to overcook this cake, or it will be too dry.