Melon with port sorbet
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
- 1 2 melons
- 2 2 tablespoons Port
- 3 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 300 ml Sugar syrup
- 5 150 ml Port
- Total weight: 2,110 grams
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 2 melons in half and remove the seeds.
- 2: Cut the melon into small balls with a melon baller (pommes parisiennes spoon).
- 3: Put the melon balls into a bowl and pour 2 tablespoons Port and 2 tablespoons caster sugar over. Mix well and set aside in the fridge, covered with plastic film.
- 4: Mix 300 ml Sugar syrup and 150 ml Port.
- 5: Churn in an ice-cream maker until of sorbet consistency.
- 6: Put a layer of sorbet into well-chilled sundae dishes.
- 7: Cover with melon balls.
For more about sorbets, see the Ice-cream and Sorbets
You can replace the port with any alcohol you like. For example, Macvin du Jura gives a very good result.
For a more substantial ice, you can mix in the melon left-over from making the balls.
April 7th 2020.