Soft fruits in sabayon
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|13 min.||33 min.||46 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Mix 200 g soft fruit of your choice (raspberries, blackcurrants, bluberries, raspberries, currants...). Aim to include at least 3 kinds. You can use frozen fruit.
Wash the fruit quickly under running cold water, drain and dry them on a cloth.
If these fruits are not treated or come from your garden, just rinse very briefly, they will taste better.
- 2: Put 50 g caster sugar in a non-stick frying pan on high heat, tip fruit on top, stir gently.
- 3: Barely cook the fruit (one or two minutes), just so that sugar melts, mixes with the juice, and coats the fruit.
Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4: At the last minute, make 300 ml sabayon.
- 5: Fill a dessert plate or a small dish with a layer of semi-cooked fruits.
- 6: Cover with sabayon.
- 7: You can, if you want, just before serving, "burn" sabayon with a blow lamp, which adds an excellent hint of caramel flavour, but it's not essential.
If you're not familiar with sabayon, you can replace it with a real custard (crème anglaise
October 28th 2020.