Sweet pancake rolls from Brittany
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
233K4.3 March 10th 2015
For 8 people, you will need:
- 1 8 pancakes
- 2 4 apples
- 3 3 tablespoons raisins
- 4 3 tablespoons flakeds almonds
- 5 3 tablespoons Clarified butter
- 6 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 7 2 oranges
- 8 1 glass whisky
- Total weight: 2,053 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 38 min.||30 min.||8 min.||2 hours 16 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Make stewed apples with 4 apples.
- 2: Prepare 3 tablespoons raisins, soak in 1 glass whisky for 30 minutes, then drain.
- 3: Toast 3 tablespoons flakeds almonds in a frying pan or in the oven on a tray for just a few minutes. They should be pale golden brown.
Mix almonds, stewed apples and raisins but keep back a few almonds for decoration.
- 4: Lay out a pancake in front of you.
- 5: Trim off left and right edges.
- 6: Put some apple mixture along front edge of pancake.
- 7: Start to roll away from you for one turn.
- 8: Fold edges inwards...
- 9: ...carefully.
- 10: And continue to roll one more turn.
- 11: Trim off excess pancake.
- 12: Set aside, putting rolls with the join underneath.
Heat serving plates.
- 13: Melt 3 tablespoons Clarified butter in a large pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
When lightly browned, gently put in each roll (join downwards) to stick it with caramel.
- 14: Continue, turning the rolls as they cook, until all are golden brown, being careful that they do not burn.
Then set aside, on a hot plate.
- 15: Put frying pan back on heat, pour in juice of 2 oranges, and Deglaze bottom of pan. Then leave to reduce until you are left with a kind of syrup.
Pour syrup over rolls on hot plates, and serve immediately.
You can prepare everything the day before, but don't mix almonds into stewed apples too early, otherwise they lose their crunch.
September 25th 2023.