Celeriac in cream and mustard sauce
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
28K December 15th 2019
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|13 min.||30 min.||43 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel the celeriac, rinse and cut into approximately 1/2 inch (1 cm) dice.
- 2: Heat 50 g Clarified butter in a large frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the diced celeriac.
Stir to make sure that all the celeraic is well coated with butter, then turn down the heat.
- 3: Fry the celeriac until evenly browned all over.
Tip out onto a plate and set aside.
- 4: Prepare 2 shallots and chop finely.
- 5: Put the frying pan back on high heat with 4 tablespoons olive oil. When really hot, add the chopped shallots, salt and pepper, then cook for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 6: Pour in 250 ml liquid cream, mix and bring to the boil.
- 7: Add 2 tablespoons French mustard, mix well and bring back to the boil.
- 8: Turn down the heat and add the diced celeriac...
- 9: ...and leave the sauce to thicken slightly (with the mustard, this happens quite rapidly).
- 10: Serve either as the main dish with cous-cous (as shown in the photo), rice, potatoes or polenta, or to accompany meat (preferably white).
Use whichever mustard you prefer, smooth or whole-grain. Either will go well with the celeriac.
June 9th 2023.