Fresh spinach with cream
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 31 min.||12 min.||1 hour 43 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 500 g fresh spinach, and set aside.
- 2: Chop finely 1 shallot.
- 3: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan on medium heat, and when hot add the chopped shallot, season and cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- 4: Pour 200 ml liquid cream into the pan, season again.
- 5: As soon as the cream boils, add the spinach.
- 6: Turn down the heat and leave the cream to thicken slowly, stirring gently from time to time to separate the spinach leaves.
This gentle cooking takes about 10 minutes. Then check seasoning.
- 7: Cut 4 hard-boiled eggs into quarters lengthways.
- 8: Divide the spinach between the plates, arrange the eggs on top, and pour over the cream from the pan.
The spinach and hard-boiled eggs can be prepared several hours beforehand, or the previous day. In this case leave the spinach in a dish on absorbant paper
, covered with plastic film
July 10th 2020.