Hot box cheese
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
269K4.2 February 11th 2016
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|8 min.||50 min.||58 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat your oven at 360°F (180°C).
Wash carefully potatoes with a brush or scratch sponge, if possible don't peel them, and put in the oven 20 minutes before cheese.
- 2: Open cheese and lay box in its lid.
With a teaspoon make a small hole in the center.
As the chef you are alone allowed to taste the cheese now!
- 3: Surround wood box with aluminum foil just in case, and fill the hole with dry white wine.
- 4: Lay cheese on a tray and put in the oven too.
- 5: Let cheese about 30 minutes until it melt completely...
- 6: ...and top is well brown and crusty (for that don't hesitate to switch on your oven grill for a few minutes at the end).
- 7: Put cheese and potatoes in the middle of the table, everyone take itself in potatoes, cut in pieces and add melted cheese.
If you can't get Mont d'or in your area try other cheeses, if possible soft paste with a wooden box.
You can serve this with cooked meats, and a green salad with French dressing
September 26th 2021.