New York style pasta
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
- 0 150 g peas
- 1 8 slices cured ham
- 2 200 ml cream
- 3 grated nutmeg
- 4 400 g tagliatelles
- 5 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 salt
- 7 pepper
- Total weight: 1,100 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||29 min.||46 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Bring a large pan of water to the boil over high heat. When boiling, add salt and blanch the peas for 1 minute.
- 2: Drain in a strainer.
- 3: Fry 8 slices cured ham in a very hot frying pan for 30 seconds on each side.>Set aside.
- 4: Use the same pan for the sauce, without cleaning it: pour in 200 ml cream, salt and pepper, then add grated nutmeg to taste.
Mix well and leave on low heat to reduce.
- 5: Meanwhile, cook 400 g tagliatelles.
- 6: When cooked "al dente", drain the pasta and return to the pan.
Add the peas and 2 tablespoons olive oil, mix well and leave on low heat for the peas to heat through while you get the plates ready.
- 7: Place a slice of ham on each plate, top with the pasta and pour the sauce over.
You can replace the peas with any other vegetables (preferably green) that you like: mange-tout peas, asparagus tips, broad beans, etc.
May 26th 2020.