A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|15 min.||37 min.||52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Break 6 eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper then beat with a whisk.
- 2: Peel 300 g cooked potatoes and slice.
Prepare 1 onion and chop finely.
- 3: Pour 4 tablespoons oil into a large frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the sliced potatoes and brown on both sides.
Salt after frying and set aside.
- 4: Use the same pan to fry 150 g small pieces of bacon until lightly browned.
- 5: Then add the chopped onion and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes without browning the onion.
Check the seasoning.
- 6: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Butter a gratin dish, then add the potatoes and spread the bacon and onions over the top.
- 7: Pour the beaten eggs over.
- 8: Bake for about 25 minutes. Check towards the end to ensure that the omelette is not overcooked.
- 9: Serve without delay.
This works well using diced ham instead of the bacon bits (lardons).
December 15th 2019.