Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 7 min.
- 7 min.
- 3 min.Use the same pan to fry 150 g small pieces of bacon until lightly browned.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Butter a gratin dish, then add the potatoes and spread the bacon and onions over the top.
- 1 min.Pour the beaten eggs over.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes. Check towards the end to ensure that the omelette is not overcooked.
- Serve without delay.
Remarks:This works well using diced ham instead of the bacon bits (lardons).
Source:Based on a recipe by Jean-Marc Toussaint.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Winemaker's toast, Potatoes with smoked salmon, Artichokes with beef, Green Piedmont Salad, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken pie, Spaghetti Carbonara, Gratin du Nord, French-style peas, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Walnut short bread, "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, "Oeufs rabattus" with leeks, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Gingerbread, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon marinated like herring, Curried tuna cubes, Mayonnaise, Quiche Lorraine, Caramelized Onions, ... [All]