Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 7 min.
- 7 min.
- 3 min.Use the same pan to fry 150 g small pieces of bacon until lightly browned.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Butter a gratin dish, then add the potatoes and spread the bacon and onions over the top.
- 1 min.Pour the beaten eggs over.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes. Check towards the end to ensure that the omelette is not overcooked.
- Serve without delay.
Remarks:This works well using diced ham instead of the bacon bits (lardons).
Source:Based on a recipe by Jean-Marc Toussaint.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potatoes with smoked salmon, Pollack Parmentier, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Baked Camembert with Walnuts, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin du Nord, Chicken pie, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Artichoke hearts forestier , ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little lemon biscuits, Leek and Mimolette tart, Pâté de campagne, Bacon and cabbage omelette, Flaky chocolate brioche, ... [All]