- Add photos
For 4 people, you will need:
- 150 g belly (streaky) bacon
- 150 g cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 potatoes
- Total weight: 970 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||45 min.||1 hour 4 min.|
Step by step recipe:
- If not already sliced, slice the bacon into thin rashers.
Lay on a baking sheet and cook at 360°F (180°C) until nicely browned (about 15 minutes), or cook under the grill.
- When cold, cut the bacon into shorter pieces.
- Slice 150 g cheese (Cheddar here) fairly thinly.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly (the skins are for eating) and boil them until tender.
- When cooked, cut several vertical slices, without cutting all the way through.
- Slip a piece of bacon and/or cheese into each slot.
- Brush the skins of the potatoes with olive oil to help them crisp up during baking.
- Finish with a slice of cheese on the top, if you wish...
- ...and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Serve with a green salad, if possible.
Use fairly large potatoes to make assembling the wallets easier.
You can use smoked bacon, if you prefer the flavour.
A recipe from cooking-ez.com. View this recipe : https://cooking-ez.com/divers/recipe-potato-wallets.html