Sausage in brioche
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 sausage, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|9 min.||20 min.||1 hour 20 min.||1 hour 49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: The day before, prepare 400 g Brioche dough but with only 1/2 normal quantity of sugar.
Cook 1 Morteau sausage, if possible in the oven (tastier) or in water (classic method).
- 2: When cooked, leave to cool a little, then remove the skin.
- 3: In a cake mould, put 1/3 of brioche dough.
- 4: Put sausage on top.
- 5: Then add the remaining brioche dough.
Leave in a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hours to rise, covered with a damp tea-towel.
Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- 6: Glaze top.
Cook for about 40 minutes.
- 7: Turn out and leave to cool on a rack.
- 8: Serve sliced, but not too thickly as it's quite filling.
If you don't have Morteau sausage
, you can use any other, preferably smoked, which can be cooked.
May 25th 2020.