Leeks in vinaigrette
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|40 min.||5 min.||45 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 4 leeks, but keep the white part whole (don't split or chop them) then slice them about 2 cm or 1 inch thick.
Cut on the diagonal as this looks nicer (see photo).
- 2: Steam the leeks in a pressure cooker for five minutes, counting from when it starts to hiss.
- 3: The idea is to have leeks which ar only just cooked and which keep as much of their colour as possible.
- 4: Shell 2 hard-boiled eggs and chop finely once cold.
- 5: Chop the parsley.
- 6: Mix 150 ml French dressing (vinaigrette) with the chopped eggs and herbs.
- 7: Serve the sliced leeks, preferably warm, with the vinaigrette dressing poured over.
For a richer dressing, use 2 yolks to one egg white instead of whole eggs.
You can vary the herbs using any you choose, not just the usual parsley.
October 26th 2020.