Like a Boursin with garlic and herbs
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
161K3.9 June 12th 2011
For 300 g, you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Mash 250 g cream cheese with a fork.
If you have the energy, pass it through a sieve with a maryse. This is more work of course, but it will be much smoother.
- 2: In any case, you need to obtain a sort of paste.
- 3: Prepare 1 shallot and 1 garlic clove, then chop finely.
- 4: Wash 1 bunch chives and chop finely.
- 5: Do the same with 1 bunch parsley.
- 6: Tip all this into the cheese, salt lightly (how much will depend on the saltiness of the cheese you are using), pepper generously and mix well.
- 7: Pack the mixture into ramekins, then cover with plastic film to protect from the air, and keep in the fridge.
- 8: Serve with good bread, toasted (how I like it best) or not.
You can change the herbs to any you like, according to taste. Why not try coriander and chervil, for example, which is delicious.
For a stronger flavour, replace half the cream cheese with feta.
September 21th 2021.