A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 people, you will need:
- 1 300 g broad beans
- 2 4 tomatoes
- 3 40 g black olives
- 4 20 g anchovy fillet
- 5 50 g radishes
- 6 50 g red onion
- 7 125 g tuna in oil
- 8 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 9 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 11 salt
- 12 pepper
- Total weight: 1,305 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|37 min.||3 min.||40 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Shell 300 g broad beans and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes...
- 2: ...to make removing the skin easier. Nip off the little budding shoot as well. Set aside.
- 3: Prepare 4 tomatoes, quarter and cut each quarter in half again lengthways.
Sprinkle with fine salt and set aside.
- 4: Remove the stones from 40 g black olives and chop roughly.
Cut 20 g anchovy fillet into pieces.
- 5: Prepare 50 g red onion, chop finely and put into a salad bowl.
Add 50 g radishes in thin slices.
- 6: Add 125 g tuna in oil (drained), the olives and anchovies.
- 7: Add the tomatoes and 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or quartered.
- 8: Finish by adding the dressing made with 6 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 9: Your Salade Niçoise is ready. Best served not too cold.
You will notice that this recipe contains neither potatoes nor green beans, which to my mind aren't sufficiently Mediterranean to be included.
As with any salad recipe, the amounts are only approximate, so do adapt it to suit yourself.
October 19th 2019.