Savoury mini-madeleines with 2 cheeses
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
43K4.3 May 8th 2016
For 80 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||20 min.||37 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Grate 200 g cheese. For this recipe, I used half and half Cheddar and Parmesan, but you can use other cheeses (see below).
- 2: Tip the grated cheese into a mixing bowl and add 150 g flour, 10 g baking powder, 3 eggs, 100 ml olive oil, salt and pepper.
Mix well with a soft spatula.
- 3: Finish by adding 30 ml milk and mix again.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 4: Pour the mixture into madeleine tins or moulds.
- 5: You can also use other shapes, such as mini-cannelés.
- 6: Bake for about 20 minutes, keeping a watchful eye on the colour towards the end of cooking.
As indicated above, you can use other cheeses if you prefer: Comté, goat's cheese, mimolette, etc.
For a more Mediterranean flavour, add a little thyme to the mixture.
September 26th 2021.