Warm white bean salad with smoked trout
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
5,1515 June 11th 2023
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|16 min.||12 min.||1 hour 1 min.||1 hour 29 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: The day before, soak 400 g white haricot beans in a bowl of cold water overnight.
The next day, drain.
- 2: Cook them in a large pot of boiling salted water, over a low heat, until tender.
- 3: Drain again.
- 4: Cut 200 g smoked trout fillet into strips.
- 5: Prepare 1 shallot and chop.
- 6: Melt 1 knob butter in a small frying pan over medium heat, then add the minced shallot.
Cook for 1 minute maximum, without browning.
- 7: Add the trout strips and barely cook, 1 minute or 2, they should just become opaque.
Remove from heat.
- 8: Pour the carefully drained beans into a bowl.
- 9: Add the trout, then the coarsely chopped herbs.
- 10: Pour in 5 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette), mix well and your salad is ready.
Smoked trout can be replaced by other smoked fish, salmon of course, but also haddock.
The mini-cooking of the trout in step 7
is not absolutely essential if you prefer it just smoked.
December 8th 2023.