A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 8 rolls, you will need:
- 0 150 g peanuts
- 1 250 g flour
- 2 125 g water
- 3 4.5 g salt
- 4 10 g yeast
- 5 100 g leaven (optional)
- 6 125 g peanut butter
- Total weight: 765 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|50 min.||2 hours 50 min.||20 min.||4 hours|
Step by step recipe
- 1: If possible, toast 150 g peanuts: put them on a baking sheet in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 15 minutes. This is not essential, but brings out their full flavour.
Leave to cool, then chop coarsely with a knife.
- 2: Put into a food-processor bowl: 250 g flour, 125 g water, 4.5 g salt, 10 g yeast, 100 g leaven (optional) and 125 g peanut butter.
- 3: Knead on low speed for 8 minutes.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 4: Add the chopped peanuts and knead for a further minute or two until mixed in.
- 5: Gather the dough into a ball, transfer to a large clean bowl and cover with a plastic sheet. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 6: After this, cut the dough into 100 g lumps.
- 7: Roll into balls, cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- 8: Flatten the balls, then reshape. Arrange on a baking sheet and cover with a plastic sheet.
- 9: Leave to rise for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 10: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Moisten the tops of the rolls with a little water and bake for about 10 minutes.
Chop the peanuts according to whether you prefer larger or smaller pieces.
June 18th 2021.