Special small breads
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
369K4.2 October 13th 2010
For 1 kg, you will need:
|6 hours 26 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: The method is very similar to the recipe of the leavened bread.
Mix water, salt, and leaven, add the special ingredients, then add the flour and yeast. Knead in the same way.
When shaping you can :
- Make a 1 kg loaf
- Cut the dough into lumps of 100 g to make small rolls or baps. If they are for a meal where you will serve several kinds, cut into lumps of 60/70 gr.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
Michotte ComtoiseMix together:
And incorporate this mixture in the appropriate stage (see above). Make into small round baps rather than in long rolls.
- 90 g of Comté, diced small
- 90 g Morteau sausage cooked and diced small.
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
Bread with bacon and sesameCook in a frying pan, with a tablespoon of olive oil
When cooked addIncorporate this mix, including cooking fat, at the appropriate stage (see above).
- 125 g small pieces smoked bacon
Seed breadMix together:
- 10g linseeds
- 10g black linseeds
- 10g sunflower seed
- 10g white sesame seeds
- 10g brown sesame seeds
- 10g millet
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
And incorporate this mix at the appropriate stage (see above). Then add the 50g flour and a mix of 5 toasted grains (corn, rolled oats, rye, barley and rice) available in organic stores.
Chestnut breadProceed as for a normal bread, but use this flour mix:
You can also add at the appropriate stage 100g chopped chestnuts.
- 150g sieved chestnut flour
- 400g white flour
Nothing else bread This bread got this funny name because it's so filling it can be eaten on its own. It's Nicolas's original idea and name.
To make it, dice small and mix together:
And incorporate this mixture at the appropriate stage (see above). Texture is a little strange to knead and work, and the bread does not rise much, but it's delicious to eat just on its own.
- 120g Comté
- 120g Morteau sausage
- 120g onion, chopped the day before and soaked overnight in:
- 200g water which will be used to make the bread (note: it's not the usual quantity of water).
- 120g potatoes, parboiled in salted water
- 100g coarsely chopped walnuts or 50g sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
Rajah's breadIncorporate at the appropriate stage (see above)
This bread, with its yellow color and aroma is surprising, it goes very well with spicy food. You can also toast it to eat with guacamole
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil
- Raw, plain (unsalted if possible) and coarsely chopped:
- 50 cashew nut gr
- 50 pecan nuts gr
- 50g Brazil nuts
Bread from Brest (Brittany)When water is mixed with salt and leaven, add
- 30g rye flour
- 30g spelt flour
- 30g buckwheat flour
- 20g sieved chestnut flour
Supplement with 440g of plain white flour, then add:
This bread, with its greyish-brown color, has a very good taste with the crunch of seeds.
- 20g sesame seeds
- 20g brown linseeds
Parmesan_chives bread from Dunbrody Prepare a dough with baguettes, and incorporate into it:
- 200 g coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- A handful of chives flowers< / ul>
Finish by sprinkling with a little grated Parmesan cheese just before baking.
These special breads are delicious (your guests can change bread during the meal as they wish). For example try the seed bread with foie gras
, it is a pure delight...
If you'd like more information making bread, you can consult this special page
September 27th 2023.