Mussels with beurre d'escargot
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|13 min.||8 min.||21 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cook the mussels in a little boiling salted water for 1 or 2 minutes, just until they open.
For a more delicate flavour, you can also cook them like for mussels marinière.
Shell the mussels.
- 2: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Put each mussel in a little paper petit-four case.
- 3: Arrange the paper cases in an oven-proof dish.
- 4: Cut small slices of 100 g Beurre d'escargot.
- 5: Sit a morsel of beurre d'escargot on top of each mussel.
- 6: Cook in the oven for 5 or 6 minutes at the most. Above all, do not let the butter brown.
Serve piping hot.
If you don't have any paper cases, you can use half a mussel shell instead, but this is less practical as the capacity is generally a bit small.
Another more elegant solution, though rather more complicated, is to make little cases out of puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée)
May 25th 2020.