How to prepare leeks
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
you will need:
- 0 1 leek
- Total weight: 220 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|15 min.||15 min.||30 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Place leek in front of you.
- 2: Cut off roots.
- 3: Trim off ends of leaves, leaving about 4 cm or 2 inches of green.
- 4: Remove outer leaves, usually dry or wilted, by pulling downwards.
- 5: Split the top in two lengthways, starting at 7-8 cm or 3 inches from bottom (white).
- 6: Turn and cut again, so that the top part is split into four.
- 7: The top of the leek will now be like a tassle, making cleaning easier.
- 8: As with all muddy vegetables, leeks should be soaked for 15 minutes in warm water, so that all the particles of earth are loosened and leeks can be cleaned easily.
- 9: Once chopped, leek is now ready for use in your recipe.
- 10: You can also watch how to do it in this short video.
September 27th 2020.