How to prepare an avocado
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
146K 13.3 January 9th 2010
you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Remove the small hard end of avocado.
- 2: Take the avocado in your hand, press the knife blade onto the end of the fruit, and cut across until you meet the stone.
- 3: Then turn around the stone, until you come back to the starting point.
- 4: Then take hold the avocado with one half in each hand and twist in opposite directions...
- 5: ... the two halves are easy detached.
- 6: To remove the stone, take the half which contains it in your hand, and give the stone a sharp blow with the knife: the blade will penetrate about half a centimetre ( ¼ inch).
- 7: Then give twist the knife, by holding avocado firmly...
- 8: ... and the stone should come out easily.
- 9: To remove flesh, use a tablespoon...
- 10: ... pass the tablespoon along the skin...
- 11: ... and scoop out avocado flesh in one movement.
- 12: To recap, watch the complete operation in this video.
The best avocado kind is, in my opinion, the "Hass", almost purple or black and knobbly. Beware of perfect green shiny avocados, they have no taste. In general, let's say that the uglier they are, the better.
September 21th 2021.