Involtini-Style Filet Mignon
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|8 min.||44 min.||52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Grill 4 slices belly (streaky) bacon (thinly sliced) in the oven at 390°F (200°C), for about 20 minutes until nicely browned and leave the oven on afterwards.
- 2: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the filet mignon (after seasoning with salt and pepper) and fry briefly until browned all over.
- 3: Take the filet mignon out of the frying pan and split open by slicing across the middle, but do not cut right through the far side.
- 4: Fill with strips of bacon...
- 5: ...some chopped parsley and thin shavings of cheese.
- 6: Fold the meat back over the filling and tie firmly in place with string to avoid it opening up during cooking.
- 7: Put in the oven on a roasting dish, baking tray or even in the pan, if this can go in the oven.
- 8: Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9: Undo the string, then serve in thick slices with your choice of accompaniment.
For the cheese, I reccommend Gruyère or, better still, Comté, but you can use whatever you prefer, of course.
February 28th 2020.