Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Grill 4 slices belly (streaky) bacon (thinly sliced) in the oven at 390°F (200°C), for about 20 minutes until nicely browned and leave the oven on afterwards.
- 4 min.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the filet mignon (after seasoning with salt and pepper) and fry briefly until browned all over.
- 1 min.Take the filet mignon out of the frying pan and split open by slicing across the middle, but do not cut right through the far side.
- 1 min.Fill with strips of bacon...
- 3 min....some chopped parsley and thin shavings of cheese.
- 2 min.Fold the meat back over the filling and tie firmly in place with string to avoid it opening up during cooking.
- 1 min.Put in the oven on a roasting dish, baking tray or even in the pan, if this can go in the oven.
- 20 min.Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Undo the string, then serve in thick slices with your choice of accompaniment.
Remarks:For the cheese, I reccommend Gruyère or, better still, Comté, but you can use whatever you prefer, of course.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pork loin: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Mexican-style pork medallions , Larded pork tenderloin, Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, ... [All]
- Belly (streaky) bacon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Larded pork tenderloin, Sunday night pasta, Rillons de Tours, Bacon and cabbage omelette, Potato wallets, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushrooms on toast, French style, Kérinou slices, Green avocado salad, Chicken and mushroom pie, Red sea bream fillets in a soy-sauce marinade, ... [All]
- Cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Warm cauliflower salad with two cheeses, Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, Kérinou slices, Aligot, Truffade, ... [All]