A recipe from cooking-ez.com
189K4.2 June 28th 2011
For 500 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||25 min.||44 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Beat 5 egg whites, incorporating 2 tablespoons caster sugar halfway through, then 150 g icing sugar when they are stiff.
- 2: Tip 150 g ground almonds into the meringue.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 3: Fold in the ground almonds gently.
- 4: Your dacquoise dough is ready.
- 5: You can pipe biscuits with a forcing bag like finger biscuits.
- 6: Or spread the mixture into one big flat biscuit with a metal spatula.
- 7: You can also make pistachio dacquoise by replacing the ground almonds with ground pistachios.
- 8: Cook for around 25 minutes without opening the oven door, otherwise the dacquoise is very likely to fall completely flat.
Another possible flavour: the almonds can be replaced with hazelnuts.
Important: the dacquoise dough is very sticky, so must be cooked on a non-stick baking sheet
or a sheet of cooking parchment
If you lose track of how many egg whites you have in your bowl, remember 1 egg white = 30 g approximately.
December 3rd 2023.