Lime (or lemon) curd
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
144K4.9 July 10th 2011
For 400 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|16 min.||20 min.||18 min.||54 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Tip 100 g caster sugar into a bowl and add the zest of the 3 limes.
Stir with a whisk and leave for 10 minutes so that the sugar takes up the aromas of the zest.
- 2: Add 2 eggs...
- 3: ...and mix thoroughly with the whisk.
- 4: Add the juice of the 3 limes. Mix thoroughly again.
- 5: Filter the mixture through a fine sieve and discard the zest.
- 6: Tip the mixture into a pan.
- 7: Leave over low heat, whisking gently until it thickens.
If you have an electronic thermometer, the temperature should reach around 82°C (180°F).
- 8: Leave to cool for 10 minutes, until the temperature goes down to 60°C (140°F), then add 100 g butter and, if you wish, 5 drops food colouring.
- 9: Mix thoroughly. Your lime (or lemon) curd is ready.
For a classic lemon curd, use only 2 lemons (and, of course, no colouring).
June 9th 2023.