A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 700 ml, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|4 min.||10 min.||14 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Miw 500 ml water and 250 g caster sugar in a pan.
- 2: Bring to the boil on high heat.
- 3: Add 1 vanilla pod (seeds and pod), then juice of 1 lemon, mix well.
- 4: Your poaching syrup is ready, now you can add fruits and cook slowly over low heat.
- 5: Fruits are cooked as soon as they are soft, when the tip of a knife can pass through easily.
Drain fruits, and discard vanilla.
This syrup can be use several times over. Leave to cool and put in a sealed jar in the fridge. For a longer delay, you can freeze the syrup.
You can vary the taste by changing vanilla for something else: cinnamon, aniseed, cloves, etc.
January 20th 2021.